To me, the Regenerative Business revolution began back in the 1990s. Where I see examples, I post them into the LinkedIn Regenerative Business discussion group.
The more we observe and applaud the emerging shift to truly win/win/win sustainable business models, the more we can accelerate their spread. Whether it’s a suburban accountant installing a master power-off switch in a building refurbishment or a plastics manufacturer turning post-consumer waste into quality packaging, there’s a lot going on.
The regenerative business revolution takes environmental sustainability into the realm of strategy and innovation. It transforms Corporate Social Responsibility from obligation to opportunity.
I list the examples I find in a LinkedIn discussion group. What have you found? What shifts are you observing towards business models where:
- there are no products – only valuable services
- there are no wastes – only valuable by-products
- products are designed for total safety
- products are designed for re-manufacture as products-of-service
- products are designed to copy nature’s smart thinking – renewable materials, renewable energy, room-temperature processes
- resource usage is radically reduced
- small, smart local solutions are replacing big infrastructure/big waste solutions
Let me know what you’ve observed.